Soy candles are simply better for you, your family, and your environment!
Soy wax is biodegradable and cleans up with plain old soap and water. It is 100% natural and made from pure soy bean oil. By contrast paraffin wax is petroleum, which is a nonrenewable source that contains carcinogenic substances and therefore non-environmentally friendly.
The main reasons for choosing soy wax over paraffin wax are:
- Soy candles are natural – they contain no herbicides or pesticides and we only use high quality scents.
- Soy candles burn 50% longer – soy wax burns cooler which means that you can enjoy your soy wax candle for generally 50% longer than a paraffin candle.
- Soy candles are non-toxic and cleaner burning– As soy wax is made from vegetable oil it is clean burning and releases no known carcinogens when it is burnt.
- The scent from soy candles is much stronger – Due to the wax burning at a cooler temperature, a healthier ‘wax pool’ around the wick is created. This ‘wax pool’ allows the fragrance oils to vaporise easily and release more fragrance into the home.
- Biodegradable and water soluble – As our candles are made from soybeans, they are naturally biodegradable which makes accidental spills are easier to clean.
- Renewable Resource – Soybeans are an environmentally friendly, sustainable and a renewable resource.